Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• Questions

• Discussion for all things DayZ
Discussion for all things DayZ
 #2702  by gravedigger

So, I have a few questions on the roleplaying/immersion side. Been reading the forums a lot while waiting to be whitelisted. I am trying to find a server that focuses on roleplaying/realistic immersion as much as possible while still being fun. I noticed facebook is being used as a tool to call different colonies. Is there an in game mechanic or explanation of how this works (radios for example). What about people who dont have radios in game?

Also what about death. Are people dieing and coming back as the same character? I find this very immersion breaking. If its death to a glitch or something I understand. But if a bandit kills the character wouldnt coming back as the same character be very immersion breaking for rp purposes? If I killed Michael with a gunshot to the head and I run into him again that would be very weird.

The colony seems like an awesome idea and I really like what I have read so far. I like that their is the threat of death unlike some other RP servers that have complicated rulesets. Just hoping that there is also realism added to these interesting ideas.