Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• This is a Role Play server

• Discussion for all things DayZ
Discussion for all things DayZ
 #1822  by Ramblin Hans

Tribal is right about loot...though I'm anxious for persistence to be back on, the loot explosions were a big issue. If you figured out where they were, it was easy gear up. Plus, chopper crash sites were a problem - I even heard if you found one of the "invisible" ones it could be a loot barf at it that lasted weeks between resets (not sure if that was true on this server, never found one, was mostly just focused on hunting'and trappin' and stuff). They need to figure out how to have chopper crashes appear randomly, and still rarely, even with persistence on to get it right I think.

Now, as to KoS...not sure. Right now people are more quick to get geared, and thus more quick to get in a firefight since re-gearing is pretty easy. And, its "shootout at every barracks at 14:02" right now. It's fun, to a point. But, there will be a much steeper risk/reward equation. When someone sees someone on their full miltary gear, M4 with attachments, everything they want.... one has more to lose and one has a lot more to gain. "Just one bullet from behind, he'll never even know who nabbed his M4" kind of thinking. So there will be plenty of murder - it will be just more like murder for gain rather than TDM I think.

I look forward to "properly working" persistence for sure.
 #1831  by DaHes

Even murder for gain can be RP'd though. If someone has something you want, hold them up, knock them out, and take it.

What I've heard of lately are people just shooting people without even interacting with them. That is senseless and psychopathic! :x There are some that do it right by making the idea of being carved up and consumed fun.

Can't we all just get along (or at least act like that's what we are wanting to do) before just shooting someone because they were unlucky enough to cross our path/sights?