Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• Blood bank donations

• Discussion for all things DayZ
Discussion for all things DayZ
 #1469  by x0rr0x

I propose we setup a centralized health care facility; a hospital in Cherno near the police seems a good place to start.

Once there, we gather up as many blood test kits as we can, first aid gear, blood bags, IV units, etc. Next, a campaign to canvas for blood donors.

Players come in of their own will, go through an interview process:

Have you taken any illicit substances,
Do you have any self harming habits,
What does your diet consist of,
Have you donated blood recently, etc.

This will minimize the risk of killing a patient when extracting blood, by eliminating those who are already sick, dying, poisoned, etc. It should also take about 10 minutes to go through the entire setup. The logic there being observation for signs of brain sickness as a result of cannibalism! This triage process will also better identify patients and the nature of their real condition. Everyone Lies, but we can only BEST help you if you are honest in this one thing... its your health, not ours...

Successful candidates are then tested for their blood type - O negative donors are preferred but no healthy donor should be turned away. Blood bags should be kept isolated from one another to prevent cross contamination. O- with O-, AB+ with AB+, etc. Next, we get setup with all the first aid gear we can find and keep it close on hand. Will work with police and heroes to respond to emergencies. However, being out of a fixed location, players who are hard up or injured can come in for treatment. NO ONE gets turned away. Everyone will be treated to the best of our ability - Hippocratic oath and all that! I supposed we could double as a food bank charity of sorts, too!

Let's be clear though, our concern is for the safety of staff and patients FIRST. If you are a threat to yourself or others you will be detained. TREATED YES, released maybe not. No need to get vulgar or violent, all patients will be treated as quickly as possible in the order that their injuries demand. If you have a sprained ankle you will be given a stick and a bandage and told how to craft and apply splint. If you are cold, you will taken to a heated room (with a fire or something), but if someone comes in who is bleeding and has a broken leg - they will pass before you, to ensure they don't actually pass on!

What do you think? Do we make Cherno an RP city? hospital, cops, farmers, the whole nines?
 #1476  by JarbJarb

I kind of like the idea of a green zone like this, where guns are kept on backs and rivals hold their grudges in check for the time being. Also you could only donate one time per server reset. Setting up a blood donor registry and forum post to show the lead donors could encourage donations.
 #1485  by x0rr0x

Yeah I have series of ideas that could make this really fun. I'm all for RP-ing like a boss :P

They all kind of work off the idea of the hospital... Clothing drive for bambis - you'll be given a bag, a hat, pants, jacket, shoes. All you have to do is be a bambi, and show up. We'll give you clothes and log who you are so that we know who needs more protection than the others. If the same player keeps coming back, we'll partner them with my next suggestion: the big brother big sister program!

You are a noob, you keep getting killed, cant find ANYTHING... Let's be frank... you suck at this game! GREAT! Get a big brother or big sister to show you the ropes and offer some protection. They will show you the sights, teach you to navigate, show you how to hunt, fish, forage, grow crops, etc. Once they feel confident that you can get by on their own, they will leave you to it. It will help newcomers to the server make friends, and at the same time elevate the level of the general public in the game. It should reduce the amount of WHANNNNN i just died - you're so mean cause you killed me...

Once you know how to get geared properly, any death is no more than a 20 minute setback, at most!

other ideas are:
- food bank where surplus food can be donated so no one has to starve ever again!
- Protected homeless shelter where people can go to sit by a fire, hide from the rain, hang out with friends, etc.
- city council - ensures accountability and keeps the many groups in communication so that larger events can be coordinated.
- PRESS / MEDIA - our better bloggers and spokespeople who have unrestricted access to behind the scenes of council, police, etc.
They would report on what is going on in the server. Could make from some great promo material, I'm sure even the potato elites would like some coverage :P
- Flea/Farmer's market: trade a dry bag against a farmer's prize winning pumpkin(s), a box of 22 ammo for a new garden hoe... (maybe we could assign stones as fixed currency???)
- WELL CRAP... that.... a fixed currency. Large stone is worth 2 small stones, a single stone is worth .... ???? Stones can be traded for anything.
They don't have durability, they are a pain to get in large numbers, and they can be used to make other items in game, or continually traded against
- Opens the doors for mining operations, and import/export - stones are easy to get, but getting LOTS of them, is harder and annoying. it burns through picks very quickly!sets the ground for economy.

I dunno... I'll just keep hammering out ideas if I dont stop here :P
 #1527  by spaace

I never played the mod... but I heard there was a bunch of fun things in Stary Sobor. Green-Cherno would be great. There's lots of room/places for everything!