Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• [CAMPS] Stealing vs Despawning (Griefing)

• Colony announcements and information
Colony announcements and information
 #6660  by Weyland

I think there is a bit of confusion on the topic of stealing vs despawning.

The reason why we don't allow people to despawn camps is because players will find a camp and despawn the contents just so the camp owners will be angry. They do it for the laughs. On a private shard, CLE is a bit unrealistic with degradation timers. We want you to be able to set up a camp and have a survival experience without someone ruining your hard work for the lulz.

A common quesiton I get is: how can I steal someones barrel or tent without despawning the contents?

There is a bit of a grey area so let's discuss...

If you find a camp and see a barrel or tent thats full of items...you can't be expected to protect those items via moving them to additional storage.

Allowed Example
  • find a barrel
  • dump the barrels contents
  • steal the barrel
  • bring the barrel to your respective camp
  • return to the camp to rinse/repeat
Disallowed Example
  • find a camp
  • dump the entire camps contents
  • take persistent storage
  • bring persistent storage to new location
  • return to take additional persistent storage containers
Remember, colonists spend a lot of time building a camp and it's very likely they might quit playing the server all together if they're being griefed. If everybody does this, nobody plays and you'll be on an empty server. Take what you need and keep it moving.

I hope this clears up any confusion about stealing and despawning. If you have any further questions, feel free to respond here. Thank you for your time!